A new function called WhatsApp Web has been added to the WhatsApp app. WhatsApp Web enables you to use WhatsApp on your PC without the need for any additional software. Anybody with access to your computer may watch your WhatsApp messages if you are using WhatsApp Web on it, as long as you are connected.
It’s not a major problem if you’re using your PC or a password-protected machine. However, if you’re accessing WhatsApp Web from a shared computer, sign out when you’re done. To avoid misuse, it’s crucial to log out of WhatsApp Web.
With just one press on your mobile device, you may log out of every open WhatsApp Web session. Open WhatsApp on your phone and select WhatsApp Web from the menu. You may talk on your computer screen with WhatsApp Web.
Direct computer-to-computer sharing of images, movies, and other things with WhatsApp users is also possible. But what if you accidentally sign into WhatsApp Web from a different computer? Naturally, this is a problem, but did you know you may still log out of WhatsApp Web using your smartphone?
Utilizing an iPhone, log out of WhatsApp online remotely.
- Go to settings on your iPhone after opening WhatsApp.
- “WhatsApp Web/Desktop” is the second option down from the top. Tap on it.
- You are not logged in to the WhatsApp site if you see a page requesting that you scan a QR code.
- If a web browser icon and “Currently active” are present, you can press “Sign out of all computers” to log off in place of the QR code scanner.
- To terminate the session, the screen will ask for confirmation. You will sign out of WhatsApp online by pressing “Sign out” again.
Using an Android smartphone, log out of WhatsApp remotely.
For Android users, the process is much the same. Follow these instructions to log out of WhatsApp online on your Android smartphone.
- On your Android smartphone, launch the WhatsApp app, then press the three dots (Options) in the upper right corner of the screen.
- Go to WhatsApp Web by selecting it from the settings menu’s second-to-top option.
- Your WhatsApp is being used on the mentioned machines if you see a screen with the browser name and the current time.
- Select “Sign out of all computers” by tapping it. You will then be unlogged from all open WhatsApp web sessions. You are not logged in to WhatsApp online anywhere if you see a screen where you can scan a QR code instead of the above screen.
Logging out of WhatsApp Web remotely is essential for privacy and security, especially when using shared or public computers. With the easy steps outlined for both iPhone and Android users, you can quickly log out of all open WhatsApp Web sessions with just one press on your mobile device. Also, consider using a WhatsApp extension to enable your privacy and safety while working on a desktop.